Donation to Children’s Home

Children with a Chance

Tiffany Velazquez & Luciana Fernandez

AVID Leadership for College has only been around a couple of months and already they are making an impact in the community. They hold the title of being the first club in school history to work with UTEP in a charity event. ALC is taking action by changing children’s lives.

Emmanuel’s Children’s Home began 50 years ago, providing care for underserved little ones. It is located in Cuidad Juarez and is the home to about 100 children. They take care of them, give them a home, and a chance to have a successful life. They provide the kids with an education through their private Catholic school.

These are a few of the items that these children need during this season of giving: toiletries, cleaning supplies, canned food Items, school supplies and kids medicine. Clothing donations are limited to giving: new underwear, new socks and warm pajamas.

Help out and bring some necessities to donate to these children. Drop off your donations at D122 with AVID teacher Sarah Chacon. Donators can receive up to six hours of community service. The hours earned depend on the objects that are donated. The last day to donate is Nov. 18 by 4:30 p.m. Chacon will determine how many hours of service the student will receive for donations.