The Student Voice of El Dorado High School

Aztec Gold Online News

Aztec Gold Online News

Aztec Gold Online News

TFCU delivers supplies to ‘Your World’ project

EDHS It’s your world

By Ariana Contreras

On August 12, the It’s Your World project got some big help from one of its sponsors, Teachers Federal Credit Union. Last Friday, representatives from TFCU came to drop off a shipment of much-needed supplies for the project, which was endorsed by Chelsea Clinton during her visit to the school in April.

Not only did TFCU help fundraise almost over $2,500, but they also brought in a ton of donations, everything from food, to paint, to trash bags.

“I didn’t know what to expect,” said art teacher Candace Printz. “Not only did they come with more material, but the bankers would also like to come and volunteer to clean up on the clean-up days.”

Throughout the summer the students have been working on all the planning of the project to ensure it will run smoothly, and are encouraging other students to join in on the project.

“We’re trying to include other class members because, you know, the project’s called ‘It’s Your World,’ not ‘It’s the Seniors’ World,’” said senior Brittany Canales.

Printz will continue holding meetings for any students that want to take part in the project. For more information on how to participate, visit Printz in Room D203.

“Whether you’re looking for community service or you’re an environmentalist, or you just want to help but you don’t know how, this is how,” Printz said.