Spring Breaker

Students use two weeks to work and play

Spring+Breaker

With the end of testing, students get ready for spring break. Some students go out of town, some work, and some stay home.

Some say spring break is about being out of school and seniors getting eager to graduate. Junior Lia Rodriguez will spend her first week of spring break at school. As part of the yearbook staff, Rodriguez will be on a deadline.

“This deadline is bitter sweet because we’re basically done with the book.” Rodriguez said.

This is one of the most important deadlines of the year because the last pages of the yearbook are finalized.

“Spring break is a little taste of the best summer that’s soon to come,” said senior Angel Azola.

Many students don’t do much for breaks and some prefer to have staycations. This is the case for senior Madison Parker. Although some of her friends are going out of town she enjoys her vacations at home.

Watching Netflix and eating homemade food in the late hours of the night is the way Parker relives stress after the nine weeks.

“I love my staycations, I nap, watch ‘The Office,’ and eat, a lot,” Parker said. “I don’t do much.”

After the yearbook work week senior Iris Camarillo gets ready to go to San Francisco for the fifth time. She is going to go sight see the “Full House” set. Camarillo is set to take off March 17.

Camarillo talked about being exited to visit her favorite restaurant. The restaurant is located near the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.

“I can’t wait to go to Mensho Tokyo. I love that place,” Camarillo said, “It’s the best raman I’ve ever had, ever.”

“I can’t wait to go to Mensho Tokyo. I love that place. It’s the best ramen I’ve ever had – ever.”

— Iris Camarillo, 12