More than 30 girls become princess for a day!

More than 30 girls become princess for a day
By Princesleah Aguilera

[wowslider id=”42″]

Cosmetology and DECA teamed up to bring the “Princess Sister Pamper Package” to little girls in the El Dorado area Dec. 6. More than 40 little girls signed up for the spa day treatment. The event was a fundraiser and charity event, inviting 10 little girls from the Candlelighters of El Paso to the event free of charge.
The fundraising project was a success within the two organizations and amongst the customers, spreading a smile onto the face of every little princess that attended the pampering. DECA adviser Erika Lucero collaborated with cosmetology adviser Michelle Saucedo to create the princess-themed spa day for the girls.
“Sophia (Lucero’s daughter) said she wanted to get a pamper from El Dorado and I was confused on what she meant by pamper. She said, ‘where they do your hair and nails.’ That was back in August,” Lucero said. “Then Mrs. Saucedo and I were talking about fundraisers and that’s when I remembered Sophia and we both collaborated on the theme of ‘Frozen.’”
Manicures, pedicures, hair styling and make up application made the girls feel like royalty. With half of B Hall decorated like a winter wonderland, they felt like they were in the world of Disney’s animated motion picture, “Frozen.”