Sun City Music Festival Review

SCMF

Sun City exceeds expectations in fifth year                                          

By Mia Drake

[wowslider id="59"]

This Labor Day weekend was one for the books, filled with good vibes and fun times.

As you know, this weekend El Paso held its fifth annual Sun City Music Festival – and it was probably the greatest event I’ve ever experienced. The festival was amazing and well worth the ticket.

On day one, my jaw dropped at the surreal site that greeted me as I walked through the gates. My body was filled with anxiety as I tried to schedule time to see all the sets of my favorite DJs. On the second day, I knew my way around better and was calmer about getting to each set but it was still an adrenaline rush walking around the event.

The Bass Stage in my opinion was the BEST area to be. The wide variety of artists on this stage and, of course, the bass, were beyond incredible. The lighting made me feel as if I was in a movie. The Main Stage featured multiple well-known DJs who kept festival-goers on their feet for every set.  This stage was wild; giving the crowd a place they could keep going back to at any time and dance the night away.

Overall, this was a great year for Sun City. Even though, it had its ups and downs during the whole arrival, once I was inside it was a magical experience. I’ll definitely be back next year.