NMSU shares info on program’s highlights

By Alexus Rios

Presenters from New Mexico State stopped by campus Nov. 10 to share information about the school, what they offer and how to apply to the university.

“I’m so glad I went, and heard more information,” senior Ashley Martinez said. “It was so helpful, and I got the chance to apply the same day.”

According to school officials, the application fee is $20 and students will need their standardized test scores. The deadlines depend on what semester students are planning to enroll. New Mexico State offers many career opportunities ranging from nursing to criminal justice – and nearly everything in between. There are plenty of scholarships to apply for to help with tuition.

“After hearing the presentation today, it really made me want to jumpstart my college process,” senior Summer Yanez said. “I gained a lot more knowledge.”

Not that far from home, students can get to NMSU with just a 45-minute drive down the I-10. Since El Paso is so close to the campus, they offer in-state tuition to anyone within a 130-radius of the university, which is a lot cheaper than the out-of-state price tag. Within the tuition plan, they include housing and meal plans, if you are truly interested in attending the university.

Some fun things to do at the school would be joining a sport, and becoming an Aggie. The school has many to choose from – and a bonus is, all students get into any event/sports game with their student ID.

Visit the website for more information or the Gear Up center for further help.