Trash to Treasure

Deadline to submit art for “Metamorphosis” tomorrow

By Jesse Baird

Calling every artist in the region, the deadline to submit artwork for “Metamorphosis: Trash To Treasure” is Friday, March 31. This contest and showcase will take place at the International Museum of Art in El Paso and is the cumulative showcase from the “It’s Your World” project. Artwork can be submitted from elementary through professional artists and “It’s Your World” author Chelsea Clinton will in attendance.

“This contest is a unique and once in a lifetime opportunity that will never happen ever again,” said art teacher Candice Printz.

The showcase is open to all ages and to everyone that lives in the El Paso area. Participants are welcome to do group artwork projects or individual projects. Participants are given endless amount of entries.

“This contest promotes keeping our community and world safe and clean,” Printz said.

Great prizes are being awarded to the best artwork in show. Prizes come in forms of cash amounts, and contestants are also given the opportunity to sell their artwork. Participants may also be featured in a traveling exhibit that will go from El Paso to Las Cruses, and Juarez. Winners will also get the chance to meet former president Clinton’s daughter Chelsea Clinton. So if you are interested in participating, the deadline is rapidly approaching. Finial submissions are due at the end of March.