The Student Voice of El Dorado High School

Aztec Gold Online News

Aztec Gold Online News

Aztec Gold Online News

With every season comes a new style

Fall is here, but it’s not too late to find that perfect outfit
By Mia Drake and Kim Rodriguez
Aztec Gold Online

As autumn is approaching the colors of not only leaves, but also outfits get darker.
Some of the most popular fall colors are burgundy, black, toffee, red, orange, brown, gold, taupe, mauve and white. Bringing these colors to your wardrobe can sound expensive but in reality it’s not that difficult or expensive!

Check out fashionable clothing pieces at Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and Papaya for a reasonable price. These stores have some of the cutest cardigans, scarves and staple pieces for your outfit.

One of our biggest tips is to dress in fall colors that compliment your skin tone. A lot of people don’t know this but choosing appropriate colors is essential for creating an outfit that is right for fall and right for you!

Here are three staple pieces for your ideal fall outfit:

1. Combat Boots: Brown, Black, or Grey combat boots are especially useful for fall. Whether you’re using them to pair with a skirt, jeans, leggings, or a dress, they literally go with everything!

Combat boots

2. Scarves: Scarves give off a warm, cozy look that puts an outfit together. It can literally turn a summer outfit into a fall outfit in a matter of seconds.

Scarf

3. Black Leggings: Leggings can go with almost anything during fall. Cute over-sized sweaters, skater skirts and even dresses. It can make clothing ready for fall by adding to thin clothing layers. Of course with black leggings you should probably make sure they have no tears to avoid any embarrassment.

Black leggings

We’re not fashion gurus, but I know these tips would be helpful for any girl trying to look cute for the fall but also stay warm. These tips will guide you, even if you don’t know what’s “in” this season. Hopefully we answer all of your questions here!

Question: Layering is huge in fall. But how many components are too many?
Answer: In my opinion, the key to layering is not to make it look too bulky.

Q: Should leather be a trend for this fall?
A: Yes, leather can keep you warm and also make a statement. If you pair it with bold colors, you may come off as daring!

Q: What is a statement item for fall?
A: Oversized sweaters and thick wool scarves. They will keep you warm and cozy and can be added to a plain outfit to make it look trendy.

Q: Is mixing prints a “do” or “don’t” for fall?
A: Do add a bold color to draw attention away from the print. Don’t mix a different print together such as cheetah and tribal. That’s going to look tacky.

Q: Is adding a blazer to a plain outfit spicing it up?
A: Yes and no, when you add a blazer it gives your outfit a sophisticated look. But, for the fall, it may not keep you as warm as a sweater would.

Q: What are some trendy hairstyles for the fall?
A: The hairstyles for fall vary. Try out everything from loose waves to center parts and slicked back ponytails.

Q: What is a good outfit for trying to be cute but comfy at the same time?
A: The easiest way to go is an oversized sweater with leggings and combat boots. It’s cute, simple and stylish.

Q: What accessories are good for fall?
A: Try some easy and very inexpensive accessories like statement necklaces and knuckle rings. They add a pop of color to any outfit.