New to the Gym? Six Essentials to Building Lean Muscle

By Ernesto De Haro

Everyone was a gym newbie at some point. For some, the noise of weights dropping, buff, grainy dudes grunting and the sight of the occasional cute chick lifting more than you can actually intimidate people from getting fit and starting a workout routine.

Don’t worry, we all start somewhere and it’s ok to do some research ahead of time on the Internet. But be warned, the fitness industry is overrated and packed with false information. Many people in the industry can lead students to buy expensive supplements that will only leave their pockets empty and not ensure the long-lasting results students desire.

I’ve been into fitness all my life and have learned through my journey the truth of the results we all want – the lean shredded muscle and the famous six-pack abs. I’m here to help you achieve your full potential and the physique of your dreams.

The six essential to building lean muscle are:

1. 1. Compound exercises should be the main focus in your routine.
  2. 2. Deadlifting, squatting and bench pressing are your main compound exercises, increase your strength with proper form and your strength will increase overall in any exercise.
  3. 3. Progressive overload is the main key to strong, thick and lean muscle.
  4. 4. Keep reps between four to six and sets between four to five
  5. 5. Rest one to two minutes in between each set to ensure your full potential through every rep.
  6. 6. Work on your form, making sure you go all the way down and all the way up squeezing and contracting your muscle fibers through every rep.